Education is a fundamental human right of every citizen. Education not only enhances life of an individual but also provides a base for sustainable development. Along with numerous progressive changes education has improved a lot in India. But in rural parts education is in straggle mode till now. The rural poor people are neither able to go to urban areas for higher education nor can they afford cost of private schools and colleges.
In addition the education system of India is not satisfactory at all. Government schools and colleges face lots of problem in rural parts of India. Poor infrastructure, lack of responsibility, low quality teaching staffs, non technical education and lack of awareness among the parents of poor children are some of the reasons behind education backwardness in rural areas. Amrit Foundation ensures to a rights-based, quality education for the people in the rural areas. We encourage children and youths to excel in extra curricular activities along with basic and technical education.
Amrit Foundation aims at attracting talented youth to study science maths by providing Amrit Foundation scholarship , to experience the joy of innovations, to one million young learners in the age group 14-24 years. There shall be annual Summer/Winter Camps for about 100 youth FROM several locations, for toppers in Class 10th, 12th board examinations for exposure with global leaders in Science (PCM) (PCB), through Scholarship exam( Amrit Genius ).
Amrit Foundation Students Support Program provides scholarships and financial assistance to deserving and needy students to start or continue basic, higher & vocational education. A well defined operational process and a network of committed volunteers in SEVARAL STATES ensure effective implementation of this program.
Amrit Foundation considers supporting the education/training of the students who wish to but cannot start or continue one of the following due to lack of funds: secondary/higher secondary education (from grade X to grade XII), graduate degree, post graduate degree, professional qualification/diploma, vocational training.
If the student is seeking support for a professional qualification/diploma or a vocational training, the nature of that course/diploma/degree is taken into consideration. Amrit Foundation supports such education/training that is likely to genuinely enhance the student prospects for employment or entrepreneurship, and not that which a student might want to pursue as a mere hobby or interest.
When determining whether or not a student has funds available to support his/her education/training, the following is considered as available sources of funds for the student: Total income of the student’s family, student’s own total earnings, if any, any scholarships or grants the student already receives.
An individual student seeking financial assistance from Amrit, must be in a situation where he/she cannot start or continue his/her education for lack of funds. Such determination is made by Amrit volunteers based on a set of defined criteria and guidelines.
Amrit Foundation Objectives of Educational Development Program:
- Providing for grants, scholarships, fellowships and other forms of financial assistance to the needy and deserving students for pursuing education, vocational training, skill development etc.
- Granting of financial assistance to any educational institution for granting scholarships, prizes, medals, awards for excellence in studies, sports and scientific research, distribution of books and note books for poor and deserving students.
- To work for the spread and promotion of education particularly technical and vocational education with special emphasis on rural areas and tribal children
- To establish and manage educational institutes.
- To encourage talented students of weaker section of society to take up research projects in any field of science, technology, arts and history which will have a contribution role in economic, social and education advancement.
- To organize and facilitate study courses, public debates, workshop and conferences in any field having covered under the aims and objects of the society.
- To undertake and facilitate publication and distribution of newsletters, magazines, literatures, research papers, books and general posters and pamphlets etc.