The development rate of any country can be estimated by the economic condition of the rural population. A country cannot be categorized as developed country if her rural population hinders in poverty and unemployment and faces high rural-urban economic inequality.
Spatial dissimilarity, low earning potential, less access to natural resources, unawareness of modern technology, poor infrastructure, lack of knowledge of hybrid crops are some of the multi dimensional features of poor economic development in rural areas.
Amrit Foundation runs economic development programs for poor rural people to provide them better scenarios for economic development and social transformation. Instead of distinguishing rural areas as agricultural belts and agrarian population we consider them as a human resource. A resource that consists of energetic youths, skilled artisans, innovators and entrepreneurs that are ready to speed up local and national development. We organize campaigns in remote areas to make the people aware of different skills that they can utilize for themselves to live a financially independent life.
Amrit Foundation’s Objectives of Rural Development Program:
- To provide employment to rural poor people by creating the work opportunities.
- To implement various programs designed to get rid of poverty.
- To promote and provide employment through creation of robust community assets particularly in tribal and dalit concentrated areas.
- To help the farmers in rural and tribal areas by promoting new commercial crops through right information and awareness campaign.
- To promote new technologies in soil conversation and irrigation.
- To provide loans or credits to poor farmers, artisans and weavers and other privileged at concessional rate of interest for manufactures and marketing of local products.
- To encourage new and alternate methods and technologies in industries, agriculture, horticulture, floriculture and other fields
- To train and help individuals, farmers, horticulturists, in setting up new industries such as processing, packaging units of vegetable, fruits, milk products, meat, poultry product, oil processing, milling of grains and cereals and there marketing.
- To encourage and educed farmers to take up activities for promotion of exports of agriculture directly from rural areas
- To organize training programs, workshops for uneducated woman and man in beauty culture, tailoring, embroidery, dress designing and making to make self-employed.