Amrit Foundation is a pan-India non-governmental organisation seeking to advance social welfare, social development and social justice. Amrit Foundation basic mission is to promote forms of social and economic development which aim to reduce poverty, hardship and vulnerability throughout the country, especially amongst disadvantaged people.
Amrit Foundation strives for recognition and protection of fundamental rights to food, shelter, education, health care and security. It believes that these rights are an essential foundation for freedom, justice and peace. It seeks also to advance equality of opportunity, freedom of self-expression and access to human services.
In working to achieve its mission, Amrit Foundation advocates policies and programmes which strike an appropriate balance between social and economic goals and which respect cultural diversity. It seeks implementation of these proposals by governments, international organisations, non-governmental agencies and others.
Amrit Foundation’s main ways of pursuing its aims include gathering and disseminating information, undertaking research and analysis, convening seminars and conferences, drawing on grass-roots experiences, strengthening non-governmental organisations, developing policy proposals, engaging in public advocacy and working with policy-makers:
- To help weaker section of the society such as widowed/divorced/women, disabled/orphaned children and old abandoned persons as may be needed to live a normal and dignified life.
- To set up orphanage/old age homes, day care centers and to work for the rehabilitation of the orphans and delinquent children.
- To work for the removal of various social/economic ills of the society through education, dissemination of information and awareness campaigns.
- To work for the welfare of prisoners/convicts through appropriate measures for their economic social rehabilitation.
- To educate people for population control.
- To help victims of natural calamities.
- To work for the protection of HUMAN RIGHTS of the poor people and take necessary steps to prevent violation of human rights.
- To provide free legal advice to women, poor, people in matters of abuse of human rights/ violation of civil rights.